Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Beautiful Day!!

Well I'm in a room with ocean view.  We arrived a day early - same as last year; except last year we were able to get our reserved room; this year we had to take the room next door, but we're now in our correct room!!   The first year we ever came, the drive was long and horrible...so after that we decided to leave the day before and drive at least halfway.  Last year and this year we left earlier, hit no traffic and made great time...so rather than stopping, we just kept going.

I bought one of those Virgin Mobile Broadband to Go USB Devices - you pay for the time you need, no contract as this hotel doesn't offer any internet service, HOWEVER, this year for (never occurred in other years), my wireless card is picking up all kinds of signals (weak, though I think that's because the hotel is small and sits between large resorts) but doable.  I figure I'm picking up signals from the resorts.  Hurray!!

My sister, brother-in-law, mother, niece and great-nephew will be arriving later today.  In the meantime here's the view from the room:

                         

I just discovered the laptop has a slot for the memory card from my camera - which is good as I forgot the cord to connect the camera to the computer!!!  Actually the picture doesn't give the true picture - it's very sunny and HOT today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment