Saturday, August 15, 2009

War of The Worlds - Oh, No...Just Health Care

When I was in school, I remember being told that when War Of The Worlds originally broadcasted on radio, there was panic as people believed it to be true........kind of like the widespread panic over the Health Care Reform going on now.

As more and more town hall meetings regarding health care are held, the more I realize what a bunch of lunatics the rest of the world must think we are.  At one time, they looked up to us as the greatest nation on earth, and well now....we're a bunch of crying babies.
Okay, not all of us - but the ones being portrayed are really a representative of all of us.

If you have questions in regards to the Health Care Reform, please educate yourself by doing your own research...do not rely on emails, radical websites or (as much as I hate to say it) your church.  There's a lot of half-truths and downright lied associated with all of it.  For example, I received this one day in an email:

"On page 425 of Obama's Health Care Bill, the Federal Government will require everyone who is on Social Security to undergo a counseling session every 5 years with the objective being that they will explain to them how to end their own life earlier.  Yes, the are going to push suicide to cut medicare spending.  And, no I am not kidding you.  Also, planned denial of medical care for seniors."

Not something I really want happening, but before pushing that forward button..I hopped over to
Snopes.com , like I always do when I want to check the truthfulness of email information, because I really don't want to resort to LIES in order to tell the truth do I?  Anyway, here was the response, better yet, click the link and read yourself...but just to prepare you, the above claim is FALSE:  http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/euthanasia.asp .  Refusing to click that link?  Afraid you may learn the TRUTH?

Anyway, I bring this up, because as I watch the news...I see citizens protesting, crying and screaming.  During the meetings, no one listens.  They've already made up their minds before they get there and their minds are full of the propaganda like above and there's no way of changing their minds.  Nothing is peaceful about these meetings.   Let me give you a quote that caught my eye on the internet the other day:



"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable."  John F. Kennedy

Is that what we want America?  Another Civil War?  I'm amazed that the people doing the most yelling and screaming and spreading downright lies are the "Christians".   I hate to say that, but it's true.  I have to question a church (or any person for that matter) that has to resort to lies to bring people to their side.  Hmmmm...."What Would Jesus Do?"  Certainly he wouldn't LIE!!

One of these town meetings was held recently in my area, I'm appalled when I see children hop up to ask questions - obviously coached by their parents- do good parents really USE their children?  But the meeting itself wasn't what I found interesting as much as the comments left on the local newspapers website in regards to it.  One in particular chose to do post after post copying the bill over.....well, not the entire bill - just pulling out the lines to prove he was right.  Problem with that, if you go back and read that line with the portion before and after it - it changes the meaning entirely.  See what I'm saying?  Why all the lying?

I'm sure this Health Bill isn't perfect, I'm sure it probably needs work.....but I just don't understand the widespread panic and meanness associated with it.  Everyone needs to shut-up and learn to LISTEN!!!





1 comment:

  1. thanks! very helpful post!! like the template btw ;)

    ReplyDelete