Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas, Already????

Now don't get me wrong, I like Christmas as much as everyone else.  But does it seem like the Christmas season starts earlier and earlier each year?  I was seeing Christmas things in stores at the end of August, and frankly, that's way too early.

I've always thought the weekend after Thanksgiving is too early also.  Not too early to start shopping and such, but for decorating and putting up a tree and such.  I would honestly be sick of all of it by Christmas.  I think 2 weeks prior is the best time.

But the stores seem to be in overkill.  Who am I kidding?  It isn't just the stores, it's everything.  Our little town did the square tree lighting LAST FRIDAY and followed it the next day with the Christmas Parade.  Couldn't they at least wait until after Thanksgiving?

I even have friends that decorated last weekend.  They tried to tell me it's because they are so busy and that was positively the only weekend they had free time to do it.  Really???  I mean, come on, if decorating is THAT important to you, certainly you can spare an evening (even if very late) after Thanksgiving to decorate.  And honestly people, it's no crime to not decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving...it's not required to do then.  No arrests will be made.

Call me Scrooge, but I think this holiday has gotten way out of control and I see less & less joy in it.






2 comments:

  1. Good thing, because they would lock me up & throw away the key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time here, really good looking blog. I discovered a lot of fascinating things within your blog especially its discussion.

    ReplyDelete