Monday, January 11, 2010

The First Day of the "Lifestyle Change"

I opted for chicken, small baked potato and peas for dinner leaving me with an option of 299 calories left over (I'm to use between 1200 to 1550 a day).  I may or may not use them, depending on if I need an extra "something" later.

I can eat chicken everyday and am always looking for new ways to bake or gril it.  Today I found a recipe at Green Lite Bites which is a division of Roni's Weigh. If you've never visited her site, you should.  She develops her own lite recipes, or lightens up some regular ones.  The recipe I found was Chicken With Veggie Couscous .  I'm just doing the Chicken part though; I have no idea what cousous is - call me stupid, but I don't know; it looks like rice from the picture.  Anyway, it's in the oven and smells very good!!

I found a Skillet Lasagna recipe at Spark Recipes that sounds really good and comes in at 336.5 calories per serving.  And reading down through the comments, people stated how they substituted this and that making it even lighter!!  So if you visit there, read the comments along with the recipes.  I'm going to attempt it with ground turkey rather than ground beef...but I think the recipe would be good with chicken as well!  So if it's seems good the first time around, it will be a chicken dish the next time!!

As for exercise....didn't ACTUALLY exercise.  But when I came home, I cleaned the turtle aquarium which involves going up and down stairs many many times; I've walked the dogs twice, I've cleaned a guinea pig cage, cooked dinner and well, this is the first I've sat - it has to count for something    !!

Oh and yes Kim, the Special K crackers are very good!!

2 comments:

  1. My current fave chicken recipe is lowfat chicken enchiladas. So easy!
    Boil your chicken breasts and shred chicken (I do it by hand). In a pot on the stove combine two cans of cream of mushroom soup, a regular size can of fat free evaporated milk and a diced onion and heat to soften the onion. I use the low carb soft tortillas and you place some of the shredded chicken in each one and spoon in some of the sauce. Wrap and place in casserole dish. When you have used all your tortillas, spoon the remaining mixture evenly over the enchilladas. Top with low fat or fat free shredded cheese (I use the 2% milk mexican blend). Bake at 350 till hot and bubbly. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just subscribed to your rss feed after reading this article! Can you put up more about the topic in future posts?

    ReplyDelete