Sunday, April 25, 2010

This & That

My last blog entry brought about a comment from Comcast Cable.  I was a little suspicious at first, but after doing a web search, I discovered that Comcast does have a division that scans the web searching social sites and blogs for Comcast mentions.



Some may view that as being nosey, I think it's great that they would go to the length to try to handle problems.  Yes, it would be nice if the issues were handled before a problem existed, however, problems are always going to exist - and customer service reps are only allowed to do so much.  Anyone who's ever worked in customer service and has to deal with an irate customer who wants to hear you tell them one thing and your policies don't allow you too - well, you know how it is.



If you read my last post, you'll notice the issue wasn't really with Comcast; it was UPS.  My work email indicates I have a message there from UPS - I guess I can deal with them tomorrow.  I also have a nasty letter to go out to them with a photo of my house - I really want them to show me my front porch that the package was left on.



As far as I'm concerned, as long as I get the 2 new ones that are to be shipped out and I'm not held responsible for the other 2....I'm a satisfied customer.



******************************

My diet has failed miserably and this weekend has been the worst.  I've chosen to drop Atkins as it's just not a diet I can live forever with.  It got kind of boring to eat the same things over and over...plus you not only have to track net carbs..you also have to track sugar, protein, fiber, etc....  I need things to be simple.



So I went back to Weight Watchers.  At first, I was going to go to a meeting; but then I decided to join online (if that doesn't work, I can switch to meetings).  The plan has changed a little, as it's been known to do over the years, so once in I chose to order the 2010 point books.  But for the most part, it's the same.  I do like that you no longer have to save points here and there for nights out and such.  Instead you get your daily points (use them all daily or lose them) and 35 points to use anywhere within the week (again use them that week or lose them).  No more carrying over.  I like that as the program changes, they choose to make things simpler.  I didn't like having to pay for a diet site (as you know if you've ever read any of my past postings), but I figure once I have everything down, I can jump over to Fatsecret.com and use it from there.  Fatsecret is the only diet menu counter site I've ever come across that calculates weight watcher points and for atkins lovers-net carbs.



I'm still at the 10 lb. weight loss though, even with my failing diet.  So that's one good thing!





No comments:

Post a Comment