Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's Been An Interesting Day, So Far

Gee....I had a post started that went POOF!!!



My lights in the upstairs went out.  Neither the ceiling light in the computer room nor the guinea pig/rabbit room is working.  The light in the hallway between the 2 rooms has also started to hesitate before coming on (which is how it started with the other 2 lights).  Fortunately, my sister Beth's boyfriend is an electrician.  We had thought the switches were bad.



They stopped by today to replace the switches.  If only it had been that easy.  Whomever had wired these lights apparently didn't know what they were doing - or chose to do it cheaply.  Apparently somewhere within the ceiling/walls is a junction box working the computer room light - we can't find it.  The problem must be with a loose wire at the junction box we can't find.  Rather than ripping out the ceiling/walls....it was decided to run both rooms off the hallway light and cut off the electricity to the invisible junction box as that's a fire hazard.  Project must continue next week and we need to get 3 new lights as the wiring in the old ones were all deteriorating.  We did find some interesting things though.  There is a crawl space off both rooms and in one area we found 2 metal washtubs.  We assumed they must of been used for a leak at some point - which is possible as the roof had been replaced at some point due to a leak.  When he pulled the light out of the ceiling in the rabbit room, we found a saw!!  It was funny.

*******************

Though I did really like my Net10 service and phone - and I do think they are the best prepaid deal out there, I opted to go back to my Sprint service - not the phone, just the service.  My Sprint phone was a Samsung Instinct and was totally touchscreen.  It calls people randomly from my purse, but wants to give me a hard time when I want to dial a number (grr...); it spent alot of time uncharged in my purse.  It wasn't until I got my Net10 phone that I realized how much I liked the slide out keyboard - I used it a lot, went through quite a bit of minutes.  I came to realize that it was the phone and not my lack of use where the problem is.  I decided to get a new phone and settled on a Samsung Exclaim:



                               

Yep, it opens in 2 directions.  I didn't get the blue one though, mine's a pinkish-red.  So far, so good!!  And if you didn't get an email from me telling you to switch back to my old cell phone number, please let me know!









9 comments:

  1. i have a blackberry, its working very nice,but it gets effected by viruses soon, dont know how and why????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely educational article!best text and nice information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. REALLY GOOD POST THANKS FOR THE POST.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amusing! I have been looking for this info for the previous few 60 minutes. Keep us updated I would like to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ow those kind of fashionable gowns and dress are very fashionable item very nice... great post i really like it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool..thanks so much for the info. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing in the above post. Liked the way you have written.

    ReplyDelete