Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let's Make Better Choices Rather Than Diet

As you probably know, despite my intentions..I struggle a lot with diets.  I'm opting not to diet anymore - instead, I'm going to look at healthy choices.



In other words, I'm not going to follow a diet.  I started walking last week and have kept up with it.  Exercise is healthy.



Today I went out and bought some fruit and veggies for snacks.  Where I normally get home from work, I chow down on whatever snacky thing is around - chips, pretzels, etc..  Today I chowed down on baby carrots & celery sticks with a low fat veggie dip!  I also bought some bananas, cantalope and strawberries.  Veggies & fruits are always healthier than chips and such.



I need to work on my water intake.  When I put my mind to it, I actually do very well with water.  I've gotten out of the habit and need to turn that around.  Another habit I've broken is breakfast...I bought some cereal to kick start that again.



I want to buy some of the "Hungry Girl" cookbooks.  Anyone have any of these?  Are there some that are better than others?



Going to make healthier choices one step at a time - not all at once!


2 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start and making better choices, imho, is the way to go instead of dieting.
    I have looked at the HG books and some of the stuff is good...the library has them and I would go that route first to decide if you feel they are worth purchasing and the recipes to your taste. i use the internet to get TONS of recipes! Just google "healty chicken recipes" or whatever and you will find tons! Some site are just for healthy dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work from your side... have a nice time with yoru blog :)

    ReplyDelete