Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thank You!!

My post a few days back about motivation and healthy snacks when it comes to dieting brought this comment from Kim:



"We both know there is no easy fix and I am no longer a believer in "will power" either. It is never a case of you either have will power or you don't. You make your own. I have said this before on my blog so I know you have heard it before, but I give myself no option whatsoever with exercise. There is no "do I feel like it or not?" It is just like going to work for me; I HAVE to do it. What I will guarentee is that if you make yourself do it consistantly 3-5 days a week, it will eventually be something you NEED. Your body will crave it. You will also sleep better for having done it. Desk jobs don't tire out our bodies, only our minds and I think we sleep better when both are weary. Exercise will also help you de-stress if you have trouble turning your mind off at night. Only you can make the decision to do it, but I can promise that when you do decide, it will be worth it."



Very good advice and not something I didn't already know (I did work at a YMCA for 12 years), but the line that caught my eye was "There is no "do I feel like it or not?" It is just like going to work for me; I HAVE to do it. "



I don't want to go to work either, but I go anyway.  Oh yeah, there's the paycheck thing but if we look at exercise that way instead of a paycheck, better health is the reward!  Thank Kim!!



Also thanks to Donna who suggested a snack of apple slices with laughing cow cheese.  I often buy that cheese and have never thought to add it to anything other than a cracker!!  Good choice.



1 comment:

  1. Glad I could be of service! I don't usually say too much of use in my opinion, so glad I got it right for once! I was out pounding the pavement at 6:00 this morning as the humidity has been so terrible and believe me, I did not want to go! Got home late and didn't get to bed till after 11:30 so when that alarm went off at 5:45, I had a million excuses but thankfully I have tried myself not to listen to them and it works 95% of the time!
    I love the cow cheese and the light is delicious! Never thought about it with apple! Must try! Natural peanut butter with apple is excellent as well and packs some protein!

    ReplyDelete