Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And Then There Were None....

 

Gabby died today and an era ended.  I'm guinea pig-less for the first time in 38 years!!  Very  hard to believe - but it's actually true.

I've decided no more, but in his memory, I'd like to remember the guinea pigs of my past:



Elliott

Chloe, Phoebe, Molly & Lucy

Tweek & B.J.

Tweek - he just loved his food dish!

Percy & Gordon

Mama

Mama & the surprise we came home to one evening (which is why she's called Mama, don't remember what I named her before this happened).


Yep, baby guinea pigs are born with eyes open and the ability to eat normal food, but they do nurse...
Verbal (b&w), Willow and Daisy.




Hamlet - he was being sold as snake food in a pet store, just couldn't let that happen!


Linus - he was a wedding gift from my co-workers and my very first hairless, and yes, he did have personality!

Melville - and yep, that was his name when we got him!

Chip - he had a bulls eye butt - lol!!

Will

Will & Chip when we first got them - aren't they adorable???


Ed.  When he got older he went blind, but he would follow my voice when I fed them in the morning; always knew exactly where I was.

Chelsea and Jasmin.

Sophie



There was also a Lily, I don't remember having any photos of her though.  There was also another hairless named Lex - he was all brown rather than the pink and again I don't remember any photos.  Duchess - somewhere there is a photo of her but I can't seem to find it.   And of course, my very first guinea pig - Starsky, again his photo is wherever Duchess' is; I had hoped to end with it, but I can't locate it.

The end of an era.....


4 comments:

  1. Really wonderful photos of guinea pigs...very cute.. keep posting more..Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby died today and an era ended. I'm guinea pig-less for the first time in 38 years!! Very hard to believe - but it's actually true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good snaps cant find like something good like these over here.

    ReplyDelete