Sunday, March 6, 2011

Why Do You Have To Be So Mean?

I have an issue with mean people.  Oh I know everyone has their moment but some people are down right mean intentionally.

For some reason they think it makes them look superior or something - why else do it?  But in reality they are doing nothing more than showing their own miserable lives by their actions.

People are all different.  We'd live a very boring existence if we weren't.  We're going to disagree about things.  There's always going to be the person that knows it all, the person that wants to assume power, the meek person, etc. etc.  But that doesn't give anyone the right to be mean.

I know such mean people and I had to put some of them out of my friendship circle.  I couldn't have a friend without their seal of approval, I had to act the way they did around certain people, I had to agree with their opinion.  Then one day I finally grew up and realized high school was over a long time ago and it was time to expand my friend circle and they could come with me or stay behind - a few came, a few stayed behind.

This post brings me back to one of Rick Warren's books in which he discussed choosing friends, he said to ask yourself these questions:

Do your friends keep you from living a hundred percent for God?

Do they tear you down, or do they build you up?

Do you find yourself having to conform to things you don't like to do?

It's good advice that everyone should follow when choosing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment