Saturday, May 7, 2011

Everyday Life....

Today was an absolutely beautiful day!  Though it clouded up once and looked like a bad storm was coming, it blew over and never happened.  It's so nice to see the sun and feel some warmth.

I got an Evo last night.  Initially at upgrade time, I had planned on the LG Optimus.  It was free and I had the opportunity to use one that belonged to someone at work.  It's a very nice phone.  Hubby kept asking me if I thought it was "good enough" for me, I kept insisting it was; but once we got to Radio Shack, well...there were the Evo's and I couldn't resist.  It was a wise decision on my part as the Evo is exactly what I was looking for in a phone.  Hubby settled on one of the free ones (not the Optimus but a Samsung with slide out keyboard and touchscreen), still a nice phone but his patience level is zero and well it takes some patience to learn a new phone.

Weight Watchers has a Beta Adroid App and it's really nice.  You can track your points with it, which is very helpful.  However an unofficial WW Scanning App is also at the Android Market.  This app allows you to scan the barcodes on food items and then it tells you the serving size and PointsPlus value!  No kidding!  It doesn't work on store brand items, but it does on the major brands.  I tested it on some items in my cupboards and it's successfully calculated everything correctly. What a very handy item to have.  I do know that an Iphone for tracking is available but I don't know about a scanning app for it, but it probably is worth looking for.  And there are apps for both Droid and Iphone for the PointsPlus Calculator - yep, if you're having a hard time getting your hands on one of those calculators that seem to be in such short supply...you can download it to your Android or Iphone - the official ones require you to be a Weight Watchers member (etools or online); but I saw some unofficial ones available too.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day - Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there...whether you have the human or animal kids or both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment