Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me

So today is my 49th Birthday....how does it feel to be almost 1/2 a century old?  Pretty much how it felt yesterday - lol!  Age has never bothered me, I always think the best is yet to come!


Yesterday I grabbed a banana on the way out the door planning to have my oatmeal at work.  It never happened.  So by lunch time I was STARVED!!  I had brought a 2 pt+ soup, but it was quite obvious that wasn't going to keep me full and I didn't want to end up in the "eating everything in sight" when I got home either.  So I drove over to Panera Bread.  I find Panera rather pricey, but I know you can cut down the points on the sandwiches by getting them without cheese and they are a little healthier than fast food.  When I got there I decided to try the "Pick 2" menu - you pick 2 items from 1/2 sandwich, 1/2 salad, or soup.  I chose to go with the 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 salad.  I chose the Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich exactly as they make it (it doesn't come with cheese) and the 1/2 Classic Salad that comes with Balsamic Vinaigrette.  I also chose an apple instead of bread or chips.  It was DELICIOUS!!

The salad comes with Cucumber, Red Onions, Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes and Baby Spinach - all 0 pt+.  The sandwich is on a country miche bread with turkey, tomatoes, red onions and green leaf lettuce.  I opted for mustard over mayo - so all the toppings were 0 pt+ as well.  Once back at work I got on their website to check nutritional information.  The whole meal (both sandwich and salad) came to only 7 pt+ (8 pt+ if you include all the nutritional info for the veggies - but I didn't).  I always get excited when I find a low point, great tasting meal.  Like I said, I find them rather pricey - but a treat like this once a month will be great!

So today's menu so far:

Instant Oatmeal...3 pt+
1 Cup Skim Milk...2 pt+
1 Banana...0 pt+

Lunch will be:
1 Crabcake...6 pt+
1 Extremely Small Baked Potato...1 pt+
1 Apple...0 pt+

Haven't decided on dinner yet, CC wants to take me out!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!! You're making great choices!

    ReplyDelete